Re: More Points computation ideas

To: Dick Jurkowski <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: More Points computation ideas
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:20:23
Keith, you started this thread..How you gonna put it all together? You
gonna summarize it or what?

I am still opposed to class jumping. The rule book we all live by prohibits
it: see I-2 "All vehicles will run ONLY in the lowest primary
class/category for which they are legal."

I don't buy the argument that class jumping to set records brings more
people to the event.

I agree that bikes and cars should be separate with regards to points and
championships.

mayf (with less than 2 cents worth!)

At 10:45 AM 11/29/99 -0800, Dick Jurkowski wrote:
>Lots of good ideas, but don't limit a car to one
>class only.  Let it run in any class the
>driver/team wants to put it in (displacement wise
>I mean - if you want to run a "C" motored car in
>"B" - then do it).  Don't establish minimum
>records either, this is a new association - all
>of the records will be filled soon enough and
>they'll start getting harder and harder to set.
>If a guy goes through all the trouble and expense
>to build and prep a car and get all the safety
>equipment to run against an open record - that
>effort entitles him to have that record if he
>makes it to the finish line.  For one thing, with
>an eye towards association growth, it will
>attract a lot more new drivers if they look at
>the book and say:  "Darn, my car is pretty fast
>and I can make a record in that class!"  You're
>not as likely to attract that first timer if he
>has a decent 140 mph car and looks at the record
>book and sees that it's an open record but he has
>to do 203 to earn that record - know what I mean?
> And for the 200 club - don't set minimums!  200
>is 200 - period!!  I also like the idea of some
>kind of points for other than setting a record.

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

old >>>>>>>>  http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield
new >>>>>>>>  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

DrMayf@AOL.com
lemay@hiwaay.net   <<<<preferred

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)