Re: More Points computation ideas

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: Re: More Points computation ideas
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:55:14 -0600
First off... I am just stirring Poo Poo here.... to provide some food for
thought... I have No say in the Organization what so ever.... I just live
by the rules once they are established.... John Beckett asked my opinion
and I proposed that we pitch it out here to see what you folks thought....

I have talked at length to Bill Mackey and John on this subject and the
final Points is going to be very similar to the means you suggested Mayf...
or that is my understanding....

The Class Jumping.... well I am kinda with all of you on a single engine a
single class.... but then Money is Money and if changing classes allows
more records.... well it brings in more money.... and an organization
doesn't run without funds....

I guess I need to restate a Position here to.... without the ECTA and John
Beckett and lots of other folks who volunteer to make this happen.... I
wouldn't be coming to Bonneville this year with a race car... and for this
John has gone out on a limb to provide us a venue to race at... lots of
work on his part.... Personally again I want to thank him.... for the
opportunity to race here on the EAST Coast....
Keith

<dr.piston@worldnet.att.net>; Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield
<lemay@hiwaay.net>; Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net