Re: Just a Question?

To: ardunbill@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Just a Question?
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 10:45:15 -0800
It is my understanding the high exhaust emission caused the Rotary to be
discontinued for sale in the States. The fuel mileage was also a factor.
I seem to remember that one of the highly advertised attributes the
original Mazda Rotary Engines was how clean they were. They were using
catalytic converters to meet U.S. Emission Standards then. But standards
got tougher to meet as time went by. The VW bug air-cooled engine went
away for the same reason.

Tom