Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class

To: "John Beckett" <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>,
Subject: Re: Electronics vs. old way Nastalgia class
From: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:57:50
Yep, you are right. But a thought, what class would that super modified
flathead with all the trick blowers, swapped intake/exhaust system, fuel
injected sucker run in? If that motor was put in a roadster, what class
would it run in? Nostalgia? Think Not!...That motor prolly cost more than
half of the cars combined..But it stillis a flathead..

mayf

At 02:08 PM 12/8/99 -0500, John Beckett wrote:
>    I think some people are still missing the point. With a quick count
>there are over 620 classes now on the books...which includes all the
>existing Vintage classes. And currently Flathead Fords don't have to run 289
>OHV Fords, Arduns don't have to run against Hemi's and Buick straight
>eight's don't run against Chevy V-8's now. So what are we talking about? We
>don't need to reinvent the wheel here guys. No body is being excluded from
>LSR.

L.E. Mayfield
124 Maximillion Drive
Madison, Al. 35758-8171
1-256-837-1051

old >>>>>>>>  http://www.hsv.tis.net/~mayfield
new >>>>>>>>  http://home.hiwaay.net/~lemayf

DrMayf@AOL.com
lemay@hiwaay.net   <<<<preferred

Sunbeam Tiger, B9471136
Sunbeam Alpine Bonneville Land Speed Racer,
'66 Hydroplane Drag Boat (390 FE)