Re: Hot Rod dis...

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <edvs@idt.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hot Rod dis...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 13:27:47 -0600
Wil Handzel is a writer for Peterson's and he drives Doug Robinson's BMR
coupe..... Lucky Wil.... anyway he is a super nice guy and what appears to
be an honest writer....

Currently they have him writing on the four wheel drive Rag... but he is
also published in Hot Rod

Maybe with a little luck he will go back to Hot Rod one day and the Rag
will become something more then a TUNE UP your VAN magazine.... (yeah it's
been that Long since I have paid any real attention to Hot Rod)

Keith

----------
> From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
> To: edvs@idt.net; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Hot Rod dis...
> Date: Friday, December 17, 1999 12:56 PM
>
> In a message dated 12/17/1999 9:38:15 AM Pacific Standard Time,
edvs@idt.net
> writes:
>
> <<  paradox with Hot Rod is they still have a dinosaur there (probably
our
> age)
>  in Gray Baskerville. Gray is a hot rodder & USED to cover Bonneville
> annually,
>  but the money today  is probably used to cover burn-out contests. With
> Peterson
>  Publishing running the premier hot-rodding museum in So. Cal. , you
would
> expect
>  better treatment of the Geezers that built the cars that made the museum
>  success. Yes, Ken Walkey's name is on the wall there, along with all of
the
>  B'ville 200 Club Members. I doubt if any of the drones working for Hot
Rod
> today
>  will ever find their names there.........
>  J >>
> Group,
>     When you mention "Yer Old Dad" as Baskerville loves to call himself,
his
> credentials are NIL. He ran a SBC powered altered roadster in the
"old-days"
> with unknown success. A few years ago Brizio replicated the roadster and
> donated it to him out of gratitude for the ink given him by HRM and the
other
> rags Baskerville writes for.. When they raced the thing he had Pete
Eastwood