Hot Rod dis...

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot Rod dis...
From: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 23:38:54 -0700
Llist,
Did anyone else see the put down reply to the letter to the editor on Hot
Rod written by Ken Walkey.  Sort of a "there's no racing but quarter mile"
attitude.  Now I remember why I didn't re-new my subscription.  Obviously
they don't have a clue about who he is or what he has done for salt flats
racing.  After you set a land-speed record over three hundred I think you
have to get some courtesy for your opinion.  For those who don't know Ken,
he shares the announcing duties on our 1610 radio station on the salt with
Ron Christensen. Wonder where the Hot Rod Mag. boys would be without their
spell checkers and editorial assistants who re-write their stories?  Most of
them have never been to the salt and some of the others must have spent too
much time inhaling nitro fumes at the drags.  I was disappointed in their
attitude to say the least.  Oh well, I am very sure they have seen his work
on the life-like animated characters at Disneyland
Wes