Re: FIA Records, introduction and other thoughts.

To: Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>, Joe Amo <jkamo@rapidnet.com>,
Subject: Re: FIA Records, introduction and other thoughts.
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 13:41:41 -0800 (PST)

--- Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net> wrote:

 Just a few thoughts I'll throw out and let all
of you think about.
..........Our local club members are asked to
help at many salt events ...........  How many
days can racers afford to be on the salt?
Workers are under the same constraints only
without the car and engine costs and the fun of
 driving.  We do what we do
 because we love ................  Would you
rather have a
 Bonneville record or an FIA
 record if you had to choose just one?
 Wes

Well said!!!!  I for one DO appreciate the help
of the club volunteers, and I think about them
every time I register, get teched in, wait next
to the starter, and get the wave from the guy at
the end of the course.  I do - - REALLY - -
silently thank them, for I realize that I would
not be racing without them!

=====
Dick J
in east Texas