Re: Ground Clearence

To: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Subject: Re: Ground Clearence
From: Glen Barrett <speedtimer@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:16:38 -0800
Hey List
You guys running in the dirt the first time listen to Tom Bryant and other
seasond
dirt racers about the shut down areas. Heavy breaking by the large sedans tend
soften the first couple of hundred feet of the shut down area. I see a lot of
spins from the tower in this area and try to tell the first timers at the
drivers
meeting in the faster cars to get the chutes out when entering the first light
and
ease on the brakes. Another thing that we can have a problem with is a tail wind
that helps the run but when turning out it becomes a cross wind and can turn you
around in a hurry. A gradual turn to the return road is best.
Also dust in the drivers cockpit can grab you in a hurry. Sealing is critical as
this fine dust can come in the smallest hole. Recommended if you get dusted out
pull the chute and stop on the track. You won't be able to see until you are
stopped. Been there and done that and its not fun. Be safe and abort the run and
no one gets hurt.