RE: rules

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rules
From: "Ferguson, Darrell" <dfergus@bactc.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 11:05:55 -0800
I agree with John in that not everyone has the same frame of reference. The
ambiguity of the rules and how each individual interprets them seems to be
an ongoing problem. I realize that the SCTA rules committee has the final
say in this matter, but something along the lines of the aluminum door panel
discussion brings this problem to light. If I were to paint the fabricated
aluminum door panels black to match my carpet, would they then be
acceptable? Again, everyone has a different way of interpreting the rules,
and for me, production classification refers more to body shape (including
spoilers, roll or step pans etc..) and engine placement.

But that's how I interpret that particular rule.

Darrell Ferguson
BLACK RADON ENGINEERING
# 939 BBFALT