Re: Gauges

To: "Lawrence E. & Cathy R. Mayfield" <lemay@hiwaay.net>,
Subject: Re: Gauges
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:43:00 -0800 (PST)
Well, Mayf, you know where I come from on
technical stuff.  Good old mechanical, analog is
loyal, trustworthy and dependable!
I watched my tach carefully on every run praying
that it would pick up a couple hundred more RPM
(=MPH) every time I got near the clocks. (I was
lucky when it picked up about fifty!)  I also
watched my oil pressure 'cause if it goes the
wrong way, it gets expensive fast and I wanted to
shut down as soon as I could.  I only watched the
temp guage in staging.
With all that turbo stuff and such that you're
going to have though, you'll have vacuum guages
and other stuff that you're going to want to keep
track of.  I would think that a quick check of
the guages somewhere near the clocks would give
you a good insight on what the motor's doing. I'm
sure you want to know what they all say just
before that timer at the start line gives you the
big wave.

=====
Dick J
in east Texas