Re: cut-off switch

To: <V4GR@aol.com>, <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>, <dahlgren@uconect.net>,
Subject: Re: cut-off switch
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:16:30 -0600
Lets try a thought here on this Switch.....

The purpose is to aid the Safety crew should they need to shut down the
Vehicle in trouble.   and Since I have trained bunches of Fire departments
in the art of Shutting down a helicopter I know that Training folks up
front is a Critical thing in an emergency situation.  All the tags and
Labels in the world won't make up for the lack of a Standardized location.
So Like the NHRA it's my thoughts that dealing with this as a Safety issue
The Switch needs to be in a single location.... and I am going to go
further and state that It really needs to be on a single spot on the car...
not just a generalized area.

All that having been said and listening to everyone's thoughts... How bout
we combine all of this by using a Constant Duty Solenoid in the area of
choice but have the Master Battery switch be a simple light gage wire to
where ever you mount the solenoid?  I am currently using three of these on
my car and they work great....  This isn't a Starter Solenoid though it
looks just like one.... but this one is designed to remain in the on
position once it's energized....

Just my thoughts.... Keith

Land-speed@autox.team.net