Re: cut-off switch

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: cut-off switch
From: Joe Timney <joetimney@dol.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 13:29:01 +0000
List,

I would highly recommend that you wire-up the switch on the positive side of the
battery.The problem with the negative side is if you run an alternator, the
motor may still run ( had it happen ). NHRA tech inspectors are instructed to
have the contestant start the car and he will shut off the switch...if it
continues to run, your out of there. When I ran a Rear-engined Supercomp car, I
had the battery mounted behind the seat with the shut-off mounted on the battery
box. I used a Morse cable that ran to the rear of the car under the parachute
pack. The handle was labeled "push-off " to help the track safety people know
how to shut-down my power system. I wouldn't want someone having to look for the
SWITCH in an emergency stituation.

My .02 worth,
joe