Re: cut-off switch

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, V4GR@aol.com, landspeedracer@email.msn.com,
Subject: Re: cut-off switch
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:59:32 -0800 (PST)
I absolutely agree that the switch should be in a
standardized location.  Rule out where it
sholuldn't be, and there are only about two
places left.  It shouldn't be on the top, either
side, or the bottom of the car, since any of
those could be the "bottom" in an emergency
situation.  The car is not likely to stand on
it's end, so that leaves the front or the rear of
the car for a location.  The rear seems to be the
obvious choice.  I think the type of switch
should be left up to the owner, as long as it
makes the tech inspector happy. The pull rod or
cable on a knife switch is nice and simple, a
manual master switch if your battery happens to
be in the rear works well, and the constant
service solonoid works good too. It should be
clearly marked in bright colors like yellow and
black or red with big letters that say
"pull-off", or an easy to read direction arrow
with "Off" marked.

=====
......(In East Texas)........
....FX/GMR  SC/P250-2........