Re: Sanctioning

To: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>,
Subject: Re: Sanctioning
From: "Mike Jenkins" <MikeJ@speedrecordclub.softnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 19:58:55 -0000
List,

I'm not sure Keith's argument as to 5 the five venues that run to
SCTA/USFRA/ECTA/DRLA allow you to claim that your records are world
records - after all we've got three current venues in the UK (Elvington,
Bruntingthorpe & Pendine Sands) which are used for record breaking, and
there are many others in the world which all run to FIA/FIM rules. I can see
why you have scrapped the 1hr turnaround for ease of running a meeting - but
on the other hand we used to have a regular records meeting in the UK which
ran to FIA/FIM rules which only stopped due to problems with hiring the
course.

As far as the FIA not being the correct body to sanction land speed records,
they and their predecessors have been certifiying land speed records since
before the First World War.

Mike Jenkins