Re: Sanctioning

To: "Mike Jenkins" <MikeJ@speedrecordclub.softnet.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Sanctioning
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:22:33 -0600
Interesting Point Mike..... Seems to Me Donald Healey Tested his Car on a
long runway in England before coming to Bonneville in 1956.... Just like me
testing mine at Maxton before Running at Bonneville.

If you went faster then the SCTA record and the car had been inspected to a
class standard.... I sure wouldn't have a problem with you claiming a WORLD
record either....  Long as there was a Sanctioning body... with
Credibility..... WHAT I am saying is that the FIA lacks the Credibility in
this SPORT.... not in F1

Okay I am taking my Limited opinion and limited Knowledge and going away on
this subject.   The list here is much more important to me then who claims
what record.... and I sure don't mean to offend those who believe the FIA
represents the Correct way to Go Fast....

Keith .... ( Yeah I been 200mph in the Worlds fastest Jaguar.... with an
American motor.... hmmm bet that makes it a NON jaguar.... who cares... it
was Awful fast )

<landspeedracer@email.msn.com>; Wester S Potter <wspotter@jps.net>