Re: Dry sump questions

To: "Chuck Rothfuss" <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dry sump questions
From: "David Haller" <dhaller@techline.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:37:06 -0800
I have a dry sump set up in my Berretta. The tank was custom built and sits
up under the dash with lines running through the firewall from there. It is
my understanding from Don Duerkson who originally built the car that since
sumping the engine he never had a problem with oiling. I have not had any
problem since buying and running it either. The engine is a small block
chev, 370 inches. From what I'm getting while experimenting with this is a
horsepower increase, not sure yet how much but it is an increase. I warm the
oil with the built in heater in the tank prior to fireing which helps quite
a bit with engine wear and tear. All in all, it's worth the effort in my
opinion,
Dave Haller #93