Re: hard firing 3

To: V4GR@aol.com, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: hard firing 3
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 07:15:45 -0800 (PST)
When I was in high school I had a 40 Ford and I
was dating a girl whose father was a very
competetive local stock car racer running a 48
Ford. He had both stright fire and "cross fire"
motors.  From the best of my memory, he explained
that the cross fire gave much more torque coming
out of the corners, but that it's HP dropped off
lower and much sooner.  I seem to remember that
it would not idle.  Something like 2500 was a
slow as it would run.  This is from very foggy
memory. I hope it helps a little.

--- V4GR@aol.com wrote:
> List; I was installing the ported heads with
> reground cams and adjustable cam
> pulleys on my Nissan today, when I noticed that
> with the Electromotive crank
> trigger ignition and my adjustable cam pulleys
> you could make this thing into
> a motor that fires 2 cylinders on opposite
> banks at a time. I remember flat
> crank V8-60s that ran as hard firing 4 cylinder
> motors. But that was because
> of manufacturing cranks limitations at the
> time. I think I will try firing 2
> cylinders at a time on the dyno. Anyone who
> actually knows what he is doing
> with any input to me who is pretty much a cut
> and try guy? If you have an
> idea I would like to hear it.  Rich Fox

Do You Yahoo!?