Re: Spoiler/Wing..SPEEEEEEEEEEED

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spoiler/Wing..SPEEEEEEEEEEED
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 09:00:21 -0600
Thanx for the reply Bill?.....
   Surely the guys on the water would be doing this by now, after all if
you get killed most of the time trying this stuff then an increase in
safety is not going to be diss-allowed, is it? The thing is that, do you
use a hydroplane on water trials or an aerofoil? Hydroplane would be
more effective but drag would be high. Now to the BIG question........
I'm putting together a 455ci twin turbo Buick engine behind a 425 TH
Caddy trans to go in my 1961 VW Transporter pick-up.I'm not really into
the quarter mile drag racing, it's over too quick....... What do I need
to know about entering for the Speed Week ? And where do I get the info?
Secondly, the Road Race in Big Bend Texas , does it have a Pick-up
class? Any info would be very helpfull and I'm doing some internet
research too.
       Thankyou all in advance....................DK     aka,
(Scrap-Iron Racing.)