Re: Cam Doctor problems

To: David Haller <dhaller@techline.com>
Subject: Re: Cam Doctor problems
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:33:49 -0500
I would not run without one.  Balancing is sort of an averaging thing in
that the engine is balanced but only over a range of rpm not any and all
different speeds.  The purpose of the harmonic damper is to absorb and
dissipate the engine harmonics that are destructive.  i am assuming you
are working on a 90 V-8 here also.  these engines are not in balance by
design some other configurations are but not this one. There is no
downside that i have ever been aware of to running a damper, by the way
it is not a 'balancer' as it is referred to at times. It is a damper
just as a shock absorber is not a spring. I do not think that you would
run with out shocks on the car if you have springs would you...