Re: MSD Ignition Tech

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>
Subject: Re: MSD Ignition Tech
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 07:58:34 -0400
As has been said already, low voltage to the coil. The same thing
happens in a stocker that uses a ignition ballast when the ballast
by-pass circuit is not working while cranking. It takes about 9V at the
coil while cranking to make it work. When you are cranking the voltage
is too low at the coil, when you let off the starter button, the engine
is still turning and the voltage goes up, BINGO it starts. Check for bad
connections or improper wiring, I doubt that the starter is drawing too
much, but it could be.
Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC