Re: WHATS A MATTA HERE??!?!!?

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: WHATS A MATTA HERE??!?!!?
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 18:59:41 EDT
In a message dated 07/26/2000 2:01:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 Hey folks;

          Been havin’ some serious  “startin” problems with Boogie Woogie
 lately…….   Why would my 332"  327 with 10-1 compression...act like "the
 battery was low" and grind over, you know like a typical chevvie thats got a
 "hot starter motor"???  something like; GRRuhhhhhh, GRRuhhhh, GRRuhhhin,
 GRRuhhhinn, Grinnddddd.....

 ..…it all started last weekend really....and can be downright embarrasin' at
 times it can.   The whole setup in Boogiewoogie has 16,000 on it now.   All
 was new or rebuilt when she was finished -except the 1 1/2 yr old battery.
 All was right with the world until last week.  As of this writing I have
 replaced the starter with another rebuilt BIGBLOCK one, and bought a brand
 new   75 month    990 cold cranking amps   battery from NAPA…..to the tune
 of about a hunnert an’ a ‘quata for the two….OW.   -on my Collegggg
 allowance.  OW.

        It ain’t no better boys.   WHAT GIVES?????     HELP !!?!!?

Doug,
    Start checking ALL your electrical connections that affect the starting
circuit. Make sure you have a good ground from the battery to the chassis to
the engine block, bypass the solenoid to make sure the connection is good
there, look for frayed cables, corroded connections, etc........Ardun Doug in
CA