Re: WHATS A MATTA HERE??!?!!?

To: Doug Anderson <boogiewoogie12@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: WHATS A MATTA HERE??!?!!?
From: "Bryan A. Savage Jr" <basavage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:31:02 -0700
I think you have defined the problem:

"One thing I tried was to remove the coil wire
and  try cranking it over –and
she spins over freely like it ought’a   -but with
the wire back in place, it
labors.   -making you wonder if it will or if it
won’t."

Removing the spark from the plugs stops the
problem.
Try retarding the initial timing 20+ degrees. If
it cranks OK
then the problem must be excessive advance while
cranking. The advance
control may have failed and the fail safe state
will be full advance.
I am assuming that the advance is electronic not
mechanical.

Bryan Savage