Re: Crank Triggered Ignition?

To: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Crank Triggered Ignition?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 20:16:42 -0500
Okay Bill your Right.... the Distributor Just spins around and provides the
spark... I have a 1/2 inch hole in the top that allows me to see where it's
sending it's spark.... with the Retard Box you need to make a decision on
where you set the Distributor... either on the intitial timing or on the
Retarded timing...

As Dave Proved to me.. there is damn little difference in the two.. with
only 8 degrees of total retard....

I don't run a High Speed retard and the 3 step box has a Start retard built
in.... so once it's running the Timing is All in... which is fine as the
damn thing won't Idle below 1500 anyway....

Basically what I am saying is that I run 38 degrees of timing with the
Distributor set straight up and then the appropriate amount of retard staged
with the Nitrous... or at least that was the Plan till I had to many Pretty
Gadgets and not enough Brains to operate them....