Re: Leak Down Tester

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Leak Down Tester
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 23:46:59 EDT
In a message dated 08/28/2000 5:37:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
benettw@earthlink.net writes:

<< Joe help me out here I kinda remember seeing someone who ran a Top
 Alcohol Funny Car use a leak down tester on his fuel injector system.
 What was this for and what was he doing?
 Bill Bennett

Bill,
    The leakdown tester is a handy way to get the barrel valve of an IR
Hilborn-type fuel injection system "in-the-ballpark" prior to initially
starting the engine. It is then adjusted by throttle response.
    There are published "ballpark" leakdown figures at which to set the main
metering "barrel" valve at so that the engine will start.
    I have a Rube Goldberg plumbing setup that adapts my leakdown tester to
the #6AN fitting on the inlet side of the barrel valve.......Ardun Doug King