Re: Explain the rules to me one more time.

To: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Subject: Re: Explain the rules to me one more time.
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 06:47:11 -0700
Simon,

By using a motorcycle streamliner you are crossing the motorcycle/car line.
I can understand where the rules at times appear to be conflicting.  I
believe that you need a total of 10 lbs. of extinguishing agent. Five lbs.
on the driver, 5lbs for the engine. If you use a 10 LB bottle(not
recommended) the nozzles must be tuned to compensate for the different sized
areas the agent will dumped into. The cockpit area vrs. the engine
compartment. If you are able to fit two 5lb bottles it would be a better
solution. You could fire the bottles independent of each other as required
by the situation. Please contact the manufacturer to determine the correct
nozzle to be used, i.e. number and size of the orifices for you application.

Dan Warner