Re: Tires

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:55:01 -0700
You mean Indianapolis, California?
A. J. Watson was at 421 N. Palmer and Frank Kurtis on Colorado Blvd. in
Glendale.  Eddie Kuzma, Lujie Lesofsky and Quin Epperly were in downtown
L.A. The advent of fiberglass is what put Wane Ewing out of a job at
Watson's.
Quin Epperly welded up a block for us back in 1988, he would weld a little
then peen the bead then lay on another pass. when he got done the welded
area was stronger than the casting. We are still running that block.
I am building another 27T to run in the street roadster class. It started
out two years ago as a street rod project but my wife knew when I came home
from a swap meet with a sprint car seat that it was going to end up another
race car.
I just cut fit and tack, I leave the real welding to a real welder. Today I
am trying to decide how to attach the hinge to the deck lid. Do I drill and
tap a piece of metal and glass that onto the backside of the lid or should I
go with a piece of wood with T-nuts in it? What will stay in place better
with epoxy glue, aluminum, steel or wood? I just love this engineering
stuff. I guess I will go with aluminum, I like working in metal better than
wood.
Jim in Palmdale, living the dreams of my youth.