Re: Speedweek

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <jkamo@rapidnet.com>
Subject: Re: Speedweek
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 06:23:13 -0500
I have a very straight forward philosphy when dealing with folks where ever
I am with the Car....   I treat everyone like I was treated by the first
folks I met in LSR.... Very Politely and with enthusiaism....

Courtney Hizer and Tamoka Brady Sat down with a Rule book and helped me sort
out what Class a Healey would run in if I was to run one today.... this was
6 years ago at Moultrie Ga with the ECTA... John Beckett and Tom Sarda as
well as Jim Bodenhiemer also took a ton of time to teach me the basic's of
racing....

Running an El Camino in what would amount to the Street car Class today... I
was really just a Yahoo out there on the edge of my ability .... (
somethings never Change )  didn't even have my own Helmet...  But Folks
treated me like I was there long lost Brother...  What More could you ask
for... They Hooked me....  Now it's my Job to Hook others...

As for the Respect Part.. Well there are folks out there that deserve it out
of the box.... anyone that Volunteers thier time to make this sport happen
is an instant hero to me... Guys Like Dan Warner... Glen Barrett...Bev
Stanley.. Mike .... Cris and Ed Shearer ...so on and so forth.... even our
starter with the ECTA who doesn't run a car... but makes the ECTA happen
Dave is another one of those guys that our sport simply can't do without....

Just a few Thoughts on the subject.... K