Re: New Category

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>
Subject: Re: New Category
From: "Dan Warner" <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:49:28 -0700
Doug,

To answer you last question first. Yes, but not in the same depth - I too
admire your accomplishments and cherish a long term aquaintenship.

Your paragraphs point out what has been proposed. To bring out some "old
iron" and give them a place to run. I like to equate an XF engine to a
Studebaker body and a XXF engine to a Monza body. The new category is the
same basic principle as the XF/XO engine split.

Again, let me stress that this only a proposal and still needs the approval
of the Board.

Re: the Ron Main comment, it just goes to show that no matter what you
invest, what we allow or what the "paper" says - once we get to the salt it
all shakes out at the end of the day. Like my friend Bob Noice says "race
cars are like soldiers, you send them all to war, some come back - some
don't". Another favorite of mine from Les Leggitt "I can give them
everything they need via the rulebook, I can't do the tune-up."

Dan (is 'rhetorical' good or bad?) Warner

Dan Warner