Re: New Category

To: Dan Warner <dwarner@electrorent.com>
Subject: Re: New Category
From: dahlgren <dahlgren@uconect.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:49:43 -0400
a 12A is 1200 cc give or take a couple and a 13b is 1308 and a 20b 3
rotor is 2000 give or take a few on that one.. The real issue with the
handicap is this..
If we handicap to a X2 because the engine process 1300 cc worth of air
and fuel in 1 rev so that it acts like a 2600cc 4 stroke 4 cylinder then
why don't we handicap a 1300cc 2 stroke 2 cylinder ?? it processes
1300cc of air and fuel every rev. just like a 2600 cc 4 stroke piston
engine.. As far as i know there is no penalty for running a 2 stroke .
>From what i have seen they seem to run in the class that matches the
displacement with no X2 handicap.. So if you handicap the rotary that
works exactly like a 2 stroke of the same displacement seems like the 2
stroke ought to get the same handicap or both engines don't have one..
The physics is the same for both engines.
Does this sound like it makes sense to someone other than me??
 maybe the engine class sizes ought to read 'displacement is calculated
by the number of cc or cubic inches that that produce power in 2
crankshaft revolutions..' Or it has to read the 'the number of cc or
cubic inches of 1 swept volume times the number of swept volumes...'
Either way will cover every combination that you could dream up no
matter what type of engine you have.. and no more 'handicaps' to argue
about at all. seems like it ought to be one way or the other but can't
be both.
Does anyone have a problem with the logic in this ???
Dave Dahlgren