Re: New Category

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Category
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:18:33 EDT
In a message dated 09/13/2000 6:56:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
dahlgren@uconect.net writes:

<<
 a 12A is 1200 cc give or take a couple and a 13b is 1308 and a 20b 3
 rotor is 2000 give or take a few on that one.. The real issue with the
 handicap is this..
 If we handicap to a X2 because the engine process 1300 cc worth of air
 and fuel in 1 rev so that it acts like a 2600cc 4 stroke 4 cylinder then
 why don't we handicap a 1300cc 2 stroke 2 cylinder ?? it processes
 1300cc of air and fuel every rev. just like a 2600 cc 4 stroke piston
 engine.. As far as i know there is no penalty for running a 2 stroke .
 From what i have seen they seem to run in the class that matches the
 displacement with no X2 handicap.. So if you handicap the rotary that
 works exactly like a 2 stroke of the same displacement seems like the 2
 stroke ought to get the same handicap or both engines don't have one..
 The physics is the same for both engines.
 Does this sound like it makes sense to someone other than me??
  maybe the engine class sizes ought to read 'displacement is calculated
 by the number of cc or cubic inches that that produce power in 2
 crankshaft revolutions..' Or it has to read the 'the number of cc or
 cubic inches of 1 swept volume times the number of swept volumes...'
 Either way will cover every combination that you could dream up no
 matter what type of engine you have.. and no more 'handicaps' to argue
 about at all. seems like it ought to be one way or the other but can't
 be both.
 Does anyone have a problem with the logic in this ???
 Dave Dahlgren

Dave,
    Sounds logical to me................Ardun Doug King