Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)

To: dahlgren@uconect.net, dwarner@electrorent.com
Subject: Rotary Engines (was Re: New Category)
From: DrMayf@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:05:45 EDT
I really know squat aboit hummer engines, but it seems to me that the engines
of any sort should have equivalent displacements. For instance, my 302 Fors
has well, 302 CID, right? Well a hummer engine should be allowed the same
displacement, me thinks. That displacement on my 302 is obtained in 2 crank
revolutions. so how many times does a hummer single rotor displace air?
Aren't the rotor to crank mechanics such that the crank makes several
revolutions for a complete rotor sweep? Like does it take two crank revs for
3 displacement changes?

Now does the rotary engine have technology advances that make it more
efficient than the piston engine? I think yes, and I think this is where some
of the handicapping comes from. But this is an interesting discussion. Chuck,
where are you?

mayf