Re: Timing retard devices

To: "Scott Cowle" <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Timing retard devices
From: "Bill Bennett" <benettw@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:30:28 -0400
Hi Scott welcome to the list. I was the tall skinny guy helping Keith
crew the weekend you were at Maxton. You might have wanted to mention
that you run an automatic if I remember correctly. My thoughts on the
ignition retard is yes it probably would help especially if the motor
likes 36 degrees without the nitrous and you have to run 28 when you
use the juice. Sounds to me like it would give you a little more in
1st and 2nd. I would just wire the retard box with the nitrous button
so that when you activate the nitrous it would retard the timing too.
No since trying to work two gadgets at one time. The guy to ask is out
playing on the salt, but when Dave Dahlgren gets back he will probably
add a little more insight to your question.
Glad to have you on the list. By the way to the rest of the list this
guy drove down from Canada just to race with us for the weekend.

Bill Bennett
"Southern Salt Terror"
http://home.earthlink.net/~benettw/