New Oils ?

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Oils ?
From: "Tom Neimeyer" <3cbxs@ev1.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:10:11 -0700
LSR types,
  Something else I think I know, is there is a new grade of oil out.  It was
recently voted on by SAE and auto makers.  I think it is called "G3" which
means third generation motor oil.  If you have been watching much TV there
has been a lot of commercials about the new oils, this is them.

You may be asking yourself how would I know about these oils.  I am employed
by Exxon Co. USA and we just spent $144 million building and starting up the
base lube stock plant for these oils.

Hearsay is, performance at start of use is similar to Mobile 1, but trails
off over time.  Who knows.

As always, your mileage may vary.

Tom