Re: Small Block red Line

To: John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Small Block red Line
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 10:41:32 -0800 (PST)
John,
I was told the rear end was a 3.73:1 (Chev 10
bolt). I didn't have time to actualy check it
out, but I ran 126.5 at 6200 RPM with tires that
measured exactly 27" tall.  That says the rear
end is something like 3.96:1 (such ratio not in
GM line up as far as I know).  Even if I was off
reading the tach a little, it still checks out
something way to low for what I want to do.
I'm going to swap it out for a Ford 9" this
winter.  I was thinking a 2.76.  What Ford ratio
do you think I should go with?  I know why keep
the alternator, but why not convert to
electric-driven water pump? I was thinking of the
Moroso motor that drives the stock Chev pump. Of
course, I was going to add one or two electric
cooling fans in lieu of the clutch fan. Can you
suggest what valve springs I should get?  I heard
you and Keith were both running Chet Herbert cam
stuff - -no?

Thanks,
Dick J

--- John Beckett <landspeedracer@email.msn.com>