Re: Small Block red Line

To: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Small Block red Line
From: DOUG ODOM <popms@thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 16:18:47 -0800
Dick; 7500 will give you a piston speed of 4350 ft.min. Stroke (inches)
X 2 X RPM / 12 . That is OK if you have forged pistons and steel crank
with good rods. Anything over 4000 ft.min. with stock parts is scary.
Now I'm not going to tell you that I have never built a dyno grenade
with lots of stock parts just to check some wild idea I had. I would put
in a cam that made power in the 6500 range. You can run it past that in
the gears getting up to speed because you shift back to a lower RPM so
quick. I can give you a list of cams we have used that fill that
bill.    Doug Odom in big ditch