First Run

To: "Land Speed" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: First Run
From: LBodenheimer122@aol.com
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 11:20:49 EST

 I would like to introduce myself, I'm Lori Bodenheimer (Jim's better half),
I've been going
 to Maxton for 2 years now and never understood what all the talk was about
going
 FAST. Well I had my chance this past weekend. Now I know and I'm ready to
try again
 to go just a little faster. I had two runs this weekend the first wasn't all
that great....47,
 due to what I call a rookie mistake, shifting to second when it should have
been
 drive.....never made it to 3rd, well I can tell you that it doesn't help to
turn 5150 rpm if
 your not in the right gear. On Sunday I got another chance and was not going
to go
 through the lights under 100, so when I was at the half  I got to thinking
things are not
 moving fast enough....well guess what rookie mistake again......but this
time I knew
 what I had done and had time to manual shift to 3rd to turn a 113......if I
had only had
 more time I could have gotten my 125. Can't wait until next time. Thanks to
everyone
 down there for your support. Plus Thanks to Clem for the use of his
firesuit, Mike for
 the push to shut down after the 47 mph pass. Sorry for writing so much, but
it was
 great learning what all the excitement is about going FAST.
 Lori B.
 PS   Thanks Keith for helping me get on the list.