Re: Jan 1, 2001 (interiors)

To: OHFASTONE@aol.com, owner-land-speed@autox.team.net, dahlgren@uconect.net
Subject: Re: Jan 1, 2001 (interiors)
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 08:34:25 -0800 (PST)
Oh Yeah - this was one of those subjects that got
more attention that blue hair and purple fire
suits!  I just don't know what the final
interpretation of the rules would be - so I'd
rather go with stuff that i know I won't get sent
home for.

Dick J

--- OHFASTONE@aol.com wrote:
> Didn't this topic come up a while back when
> Darrel Ferguson said something
> about aluminum panels in a production car and
> the safety advantages?
>
> <<Boy, do I agree with that!  Yeah, the Real
> Street
> class (and I think Production too) require full
> interiors.  My next step up is going to be to
> try
> the USFRA 130 and/or 150 club, and I think I
> may
> need a full interior for that as well. (I will
> get full clarification before i get ready.)  I
> spent almost half of my prep time finding
> pieces
> of trim to make the car meet rule requirements.
> would love to pull out the headliner, door
> panels
> and carpet (that my wife and I worked so hard
> cutting and gluing in place) and put a set of
> aluminum panels on the doors!  I sure hope that
> change will be coming.>>

=====
*         Dick J          *
*    (In East Texas)      *