Occupations

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Occupations
From: "Smith, Simon-Pierre" <Simon-Pierre.Smith@PSS.Boeing.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:00:01 -0800
Simon Smith

Mechanical engineer for Boeing commercial.  I worked for a number of years in
tool design for the 747, 67,77 but am now in Manufacturing Research and
Development.  As luck would have it this group merged organizationally as the
commercial side of "Phantom Works".  This is our version of "Skunk Works".
Being commercial aircraft I don't get to work on "supersonic laser powered
discombobulators" or anything.  We do have tunnels in the factory that we call
"Area 52".  They store mummified aliens in those tunnels, all wrapped up in
their purple outfits, sporting blue hair.

As far as racing goes my true love is motorcycle roadracing.  I've run a BSA
Victor, Honda CL160 (vintage), Yamaha FZR400 & TZ250, Suzuki GSXR750,T500 &
T125.  So now I'm broke.

If find it interesting how many on this list are ex military.  More than the
general population it seems.

Simon