Occupation

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Occupation
From: HKMNSTRODS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 17:00:44 EST
List,
I am a soon to be 60 lurker. Read every magazine that had any mention of the
"Salt Flats" and couldn't get enough. Got into racing inboard hydroplanes in
1965 and owned and drove for 11 years. Still hold 2 world records. Quit
driving and became a referee for the APBA for 13 years. 3-2 year degrees in
mech. eng., air cond./heating,and yacht design. Worked as design engineer for
2 leading yacht builders. Started my own marine consultanting business. Got
into model sail boats and have built over 550 of the same boat in the last 20
years. (web site  http://hometown.aol.com/ec12yachts ). Now semi retired
doing r&d for Suncoast Racecars (fiberglass) building my 20th or so street
rod and model sailboats. My wife Lynda Sue is retired and loves the cars and
boats as much as I do. I did Bonneville in 92 and worked as a course steward.
My wife and I both helped the ECTA at Moultrie when they first started. I
have a fairly large collection of old car magazines. Also a lot of old (pre
49) Ford parts for sale.
John "Skip" Hickman in Webster, Fl.