Re: Record Roadster Racer Heard From !!!

To: ardunbill@webtv.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Record Roadster Racer Heard From !!!
From: gene barbee <saltrcr@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:12:48 -0800 (PST)
    bill and list our car was built 1975 by wayne
atkinson in salt lake city, as a street rod. it ran at
bonneville in 76 in the then new street roadster
class,it ran a v-8 chevy with 4 pistons and rods
removed. it set a record in f/str. when we bought the
the car it didn,t,t handel all that well. we keep
adding weight and laying the axel back till it went
straight. we plan to add more weight and add 2" to the
windshild before next season. our new engine is 424"
small block with brobex heads and hilborns. we run a 4
speed and ford 9". alan set the record at 203 and i
uped it to 205.816   i,ve learned alot from the list
and will gladly share any info. i can.   gene -b

http://shopping.yahoo.com/