Re: Dry Sump / Push Truck

To: kturk@ala.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dry Sump / Push Truck
From: BICWIG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 07:44:14 EST
Keith,
We have a generator cart that has a generator (duh!), also has a right angle
drill to prime the pump and some spare parts.  We keep it with the car all
the way up to when the car leaves to qualify.  In our case, it wouldn't be
feasible to do that so I would recommend that you put it on the push truck so
you can keep the stuff hot.  I found that each 10 degrees over 220 provides
an additional 5hp by the dyno.  So as you can imagine, I heat the oil to 320
before qualifying.  It brought our average start from 25th to around 10th.
Hope this helps.

Jim