Dry Sump / Push Truck

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dry Sump / Push Truck
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 03:20:27 -0600
Well I have been collecting Dry sump parts at Muscle Motorsports here for
the last couple of months... Currently I have the Oil Pan and lines and I
just went and picked up the Oil Tank ... for $165 I got a 3 1/2 gallon tank
with Three heaters in the bottom and Two heater Blankets on the outside...

My Question is ... how do you folks go about Prep'ing the car to go out to
the line... do I heat it in the pits with a Generator? or do I attach it to
the Push Truck? ... I read in Rick's Two club deal about doing it at the
line..

We had some Battery Problems at Maxton at the Last meet.. .. This was a
First for us...  I always charge them before I go and because I have Dual
Battery's it has never been an issue.... but I was thinking of starting the
car off of the Push truck from now on....( very embarressing to have to Jump
the car off to get it running ) ( not as bad when it goes Two Bills after
you get it running!!!)   Anyway I was thinking the Heaters would put a Large
drain on the Batteries if we used them for it....

What are your thoughts?
Keith