Re: Search Techniques

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Search Techniques
From: Chuck Rothfuss <crothfuss@coastalnet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:59:20 -0500
Keith, List,

   My Dad told me a tale when I was a little boy about where lost things go
that's always stuck with me.  His theory was that wherever we go there's an
invisible wall, and curious strangers on the opposite side.  When we drop an
auto part, set down our wallet, keys, whatever, it'll sometimes end up on
the opposite side of this wall.  Worst part is that the more important the
item is to us at that moment the longer those curious strangers on the other
side of the wall will want to study it before putting it back on our side.

   Remembering the story always makes me stop searching for lost things and
just take a little break.  This always seems to help the part reappear on my
side of "the wall", right where I left it.

   Remember, you'll always find whatever you're looking for in the very last
place you look!  What I have to find now is some coolant, since Betsy
decided to blow a heater hose on the way home.  It's 20 degrees outside, so
it made one HUGE cloud of steam when I finally stopped.

Chuck Rothfuss
Freezing my tail in
Pole Cat Hollow, NC