Production Class Suspension Mods

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Production Class Suspension Mods
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:23:10 EST
Group,
    This is a good question for Dan Warner. A guy called me yesterday and was
talking about the suspension and drive train modifications allowable in
Production class. He has a 37 Ford and was unsure if he had to stay with the
stock Ford-type rear end or if he could use a modern type such as a 9" Ford,
as long as he didn't go to a quick-change type differential.
    The rule book, as I recall, states that in Production you must stay with
the stock-type running gear. Does this mean that the "buggy-spring"
suspension must be retained also, along with the straight front axle, as
opposed to a IFS installed on what was originally on the early
Fords?...........Ardun Doug King