Re: Production Class Suspension Mods

To: <ARDUNDOUG@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Production Class Suspension Mods
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:04:09 -0500
I think I can save Dan some time.
I ran the Merkur as Production Supercharged for a number of years, with a 9"
and 4 link with coilovers in the back and custom coilovers in the front.
The car was lower, but not dramatically until I went to Gas Coupe and
Altered.  I believe the change to IFS would not be a problem.  The original
powertrain and layout is of importance.  I think your friend has lots of
room to slam his ride right to the ground.  I had a preconceived notion that
I didn't need to drastically lower the Merk until I did the N/A engine, but
now wish I had.  Thats what you get for being a purist.

By the way folks the Merk is really for sale.....

Rick Byrnes
We have enough youth...........How about a fountain of smart
www.rbmotorsports.com