Re: Salt Flats are DRY

To: "Ed Van Scoy" <edvs@uswest.net>, "Wester S Potter"
Subject: Re: Salt Flats are DRY
From: "Gary & Ellen" <garyellen@uswest.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 10:21:54 -0700
Hi Ed, I think you are right.  Let's wait a couple days until we get the
report back....as Gary Allen and Larry Volk are on their way to Wendover
today to meet with involved parties.  The main problem is a pump failed,
this takes time to pull it , repair it, and reinstall it. There is also lead
time involved after they rip the pond and flood it to get the salt ready to
come back over.  This is a very delicately balanced process.  Pumping water
without the right salinity does more damage than good.
Gary & Ellen Wilkinson
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association