Re: Rear Engine T's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 12:00:26 EST
In a message dated 01/04/2001 6:29:38 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lsr_man@yahoo.com writes:

<< So what's wrong with Time/Only?  If you're
 running to test a theory, or just to satisfy your
 own self, and you aren't chasing a record, T/O
 seems like a good place to run.  Besides, if you
 got a couple of guys running rear engine Ts in
 Time Only, and they chase each other for a year
 or two and make a bunch of safe runs, it might be
 a lot easier to convince the rules guys to
 consider putting the cars back into their
 historical classes.

Dick and Group,
    What would probably result is someone taking a retired RE dragster,
hanging a roadster body on it, updating the thing to SCTA safety standards
(believe me they ain't the same as NHRA) and running TO. Lots of work to not
have a class to run in or records to run after. Along the way they would have
passed right through the requirements for Lakester and Streamilner classes,
where all of the above presently exist.
    I know that there are guys who don't give a "hang" about records and
competition, just running TO, but that ain't my "bag".......Ardun Doug King