Re: Rear Engine T's

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: ARDUNDOUG@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 02:15:14 EST
In a message dated 01/03/2001 5:04:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tfc1932@hotmail.com writes:

<<  how could you get to run a long 27 rear
 engined car as a mule in what class, lakester? just some thoughts from a
 newbie >>

Group,
    Unfortunately, as I read the rules, there is no place presently for a
rear engine roadster unless it is allowed to run "time-only". I wanted to
build one several years ago that was patterned after the Speed Sport Special
and run it both at the nostalgia drags and LSR events. It seems that Special
Construction classes (Streamliner and Lakester) cannot be based on a
production body. With Modified Roadster restricted to having the engine in
front of the driver the car would have no class to run in.
                                        Ardun Doug King