Re: Rear Engine T's

To: saltracer@awwwsome.com, lsr_man@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Rear Engine T's
From: "tim cunha" <tfc1932@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 17:02:36 -0800
tom actually don waites 27 roadster was 112" long. my 32 is only what 106"
stock. don told me the cars were getting loose as they  got to 200mph.
Having the driver in front was an issue and it was in other streamliners
where there was no nose to use as a reference point for atitude adjustments.
  but i agree with the others, that any rear engined 27 with a long enough
wheelbase and possible aero aides would track and drive as well as any other
rear engined car. don waite has been frustrated with this and has wanted to
build another 27 with a rear engine to go get some records but the rules do
not allow it. again rules establised in 1959 for good reason, but also to e
reevaluated today. Fred larson sure enjoyed the front engined modified
roadster rules for many years with his record breaking 27 (which is being
restored, as well as don waites 27). how could you get to run a long 27 rear
engined car as a mule in what class, lakester? just some thoughts from a
newbie