Re: Noise levels

To: basavage@earthlink.net, crothfuss@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: Noise levels
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 13:00:22 EST
       Bryan,  Have you ever been to a modified stock car race where even
six or eight, of maybe a thirty car field, are running 180 * headers ?
      These are VERY HARD on the ears, even for those of us that love the
roar of either one powerful V8 ( or the wail of a Jimmy )on a time run at
Bonneville, or any pair of hard charging fuelers / funnies / gassers or
what have you at the drags,  or that great constant roar from a field of
oval track cars of many types !   However, that buzzing screech of that
different exhaust beat can get really irksome after a number of laps at
an oval track ......
      I have actually seen spectators, sometimes with children, leave part
way through a feature event, just because of that noise .......
      I have only heard one rotary at a time at any type of event, and,
recalling those 180 * tunes, I don't think I would care to hear a whole
bunch of them battling it out wheel to wheel !
  My opinion ONLY : It would be OK with me if someone hit the DELETE
button on all 180 * headers,  mainly at events with multiple entries .......
       I  still really love to SEE and HEAR one, and better yet, TWO,
jet dragsters THUNDER down the strip ...... that' s something that
can stick in your memory banks for a while !
                      Bruce
thinking back to my early teen years when my summer Saturday night
concerts were provided by a mixed field of Offys and V8 60s battling it
out for the checkered flag on one of the paved bullrings here in
New England  .......  MUSIC  TO  MY  EARS  !!!!
 ....... and many of those 60s were the ones with TIN SIDES
that were discussed recently ......